Learn About Hosting & Servers
Interoute’s Managed servers are available in two infrastructure options: Dedicated and Virtual.
Interoute’s Dedicated Hosting Services provide business-critical applications with a platform with the stability and performance they demand and are suited to organisations where regulations and compliance deem it necessary to use dedicated devices. These servers built using standardised industry-leading equipment; however, Interoute also provides options for bespoke hardware where necessary.
Interoute provides a variety of managed virtualisation options available within a shared or private infrastructure of resources or a combination of both. Our virtual server hosting offerings include:
- Managed Virtual Servers – Provisioned by allocating resources from an “in the cloud” shared infrastructure of processors, memory and storage. This service typically provides a very economical hosting option allowing customers to virtual provision servers, firewalls and storage from one of the virtual hosting platforms on Interoute’s pan-European network. All virtual devices configured for high availability, so in the event of a hardware failure, the service will automatically restart on an alternative device, meaning near-zero downtime whatever the application.
- Managed Private Cloud – For solutions where a dedicated VMware infrastructure requires additional security and reliability, Interoute can provide a Managed Private Cloud. This service offers the tremendous technical flexibility and performance services. Interoute provides a dedicated cluster of virtual server hosts and enterprise storage, which can scale out as required. In this cluster, What virtual machines can be deployed in any configuration within the limitations of the infrastructure and software.
- Integrated Dedicated Hosting & Virtual Servers – Our dedicated servers and virtual servers offer the option to integrate managed dedicated and virtual services into a single solution to benefit from the best of both infrastructures. What enables organisations to take advantage of virtualisation technology benefits such as reduced CAPEX, simplified upgrades and expansion, and dynamic performance for these types of servers whilst also providing stable performance and supportable infrastructure for those functions where Dedicated Server hosting is more suitable.
For more information on Dedicated Hosting, visit our dedicated hosting information page.
Interoute Managed Security Services
Compromise on enterprise security, and you could compromise your enterprise. Interoute understands that network security presents complex challenges to most enterprises. Interoute offered a multi-layered approach when providing security services, ranging from:
- DDoS Mitigation – Network-based mitigation of DDoS attacks no matter where you are on Interoute’s network
- Next-Generation Firewalls – Managed Next-Generation Firewall service provided in the network with
- Network Intrusion Prevention – A managed service that offers packet inspection and malware blocking to protect our customers
- Content Filtering – The capability to manage and control the most persistent vectors of attack by filtering both email and web content
- Managed 2Factor Authentication– supporting 2FA as either a complement for Roaming Access via IPsec or SSL as well as a standalone service
- The Security Consultancy – provided by crucial selected partners. Each partner has been evaluated based on their skills and capabilities in supporting Interoute customers.